Rosie competed in four events, the 100-meter dash, the long jump, the shot-put (using a softball), and 4 X 100-meter relay. We won't know her standings until later. It was a great first effort!
Since I'm not one to often attend outdoor sporting events, I'll pass on these tips.
- Bring a blanket. Even if you're not cold, your butt will need cushioning on the hard, metal bleachers.
- Bring snacks, or cash if there's a concession stand.
- Don't forget water for your little athlete! (I did.)
- There's a lot of waiting around. A lot. The coach is pretty good at wrangling the kids, but it gets dull for spectators.
- If you have a younger sibling with you, hope to Bob that there are friends of his there. A little girl named Katya saved us hours of Dash's whining.
- Don't forget a flask for yourself, with enough to share!
- Invite or make friends with other parents to stay entertained.
***UPDATE*** The school just posted photos from the track meet! Here's my girl (#5), powering up for the 100-yard dash.