Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Portrait of sixth cousins! (I'm a geneology nerd)

Our family had dinner with some distant cousins last night. I originally discovered these cousins while I was doing some serious geneology research on Monkeyrotica's family a few years ago and we've kept in touch through email, blogging, and Facebook. When they scheduled a vacation in DC, Dees (Monkey's cousin) emailed me to let me know. I was so happy to hear from them and schedule a meet up!

Rosie and Ann are only two months apart in age and became fast friends. Don't they look like first cousins and not sixth cousins, once removed? I introduced the idea of "pen pals" (very foreign concept) and am encouraging Rosie to write to her cousin. I lurved writing pen pals when I was her age and might still have some of their letters. They were often fast friends I made while I was on vacation with my family, too.

I'm looking forward to a Chicago vacation in the near future with my family so the cousins can meet up again!

2 comments:

  1. Let's reserve a Bedroom Suite on the Capitol Limited.

    http://www.amtrak.com//servlet/ContentServer/AM_Route_C/1241245652139/1237405732511

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its true now a days we can find any dame thing on the internet with quite ease. However just think is there anyone who can offer you maximum discount on any product which you wish to own?
    Well Bid4dream is here to realize your dreams now. Now its possible to grab maximum discount on any product which you wish to buy. All you have to do is to grab the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you've spent reading my post and would love to read your comments!

 
Who links to me?

blogger templates | Make Money Online