Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Party disaster

We took the kids to an adult party in Baltimore last weekend celebrating my friends' 15th anniversary. They have 2 large dogs, no kids, and mine were the ONLY children there, since the party started at 7:30 p.m. (or maybe, nobody else was a parent...). Later on I was feeling pretty good because it was past 9, the kids weren't crying and seemed to be enjoying themselves. I was wearing Dash in a sling and basking in all the partygoers who came by to coo over him.

Meanwhile, AJS and Rosie were off entertaining themselves the whole time (they are a pair of non-joiners) when Rosie threw up all over the stage they were playing on (it was in a warehouse space for an artists' gallery). AJS said she'd been eating lots of potato chips and he was spinning her around to ring-around-the-rosy.

I apologized profusely to our hosts and we practically ran out of there. It wasn't until we were almost on the highway headed south back to Virginia that I stopped to think that it would have been civilized to offer to clean it up... Yeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the time you've spent reading my post and would love to read your comments!

 
Who links to me?

blogger templates | Make Money Online