Monday, July 07, 2008

My love-hate relationship with our dishwasher


Dishwasher
Originally uploaded by embleton
I won't go into any long-winded diatribe here, just the basics.

We are a family of four.

Monkeyrotica likes to cook—a lot. We like to eat the food he cooks.

Cooking and eating generate lots of dirty dishes, pots, utensils, and other miscellaneous containers.

Therefore, it behooves me, the cleaner-upper of everything household related, to use our three-year-old automatic dishwasher. I count on this.

But then, this happened. Almost a month ago. A Sears-sanctioned repair guy came out and found NOTHING wrong. He blamed me, ME, in fact, for setting the dishwasher to run 2 cycles at the same time (?!?!?! HTF would/could I do that?).

What's the big deal today? It happened again last night. Thankfully, I'd set the thing to run right after dinner and Monkeyrotica checked the flood before it created more than a minor puddle in the basement.

This means that I don't have a dishwasher for the rest of the week. At the very least. A different, non-Sears-affiliated, repair-company representative is coming to give me a second opinion on Friday.

If they find nothing wrong as well? We will be shopping for a new dishwasher. I can't handle a thing in my house that intermittently creates mass destruction and mayhem, unexpectedly, on a whim.

Anyone have recommendations? Don't say Kenmore.

5 comments:

  1. No dishwasher for the rest of the week? ARGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Whirlpool from Bray and Schraff(sic) on Rt 1 across from the Giant. For your birthday, do you want money towards a new dw?

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, Monkey, it's a love in the sense of appreciation for all that dishwashers do for a homemaker, and I take for granted that I'll have two hours free of dishwashing every evening. I need and want a device that takes care of dreary, time consuming chores. I hate that our dishwasher's dysfunctional.

    Mom, I most certainly have inherited your practical side. Yes, a new dishwasher is at the top of my birthday wish list at the moment.

    Kelly, it might be longer than Friday. Double-ARGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. is it fixed yet?

    i think we have a Maytag, FWIW, and it does okay. or is it GE? i'd check, but then men are painting downstairs, and i am already red-eyed in allergy madness, so i am loathe to go down there...

    what a major PITA!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you've spent reading my post and would love to read your comments!

 
Who links to me?

blogger templates | Make Money Online