Monday, July 23, 2007

Weirdness abounds

I took Rosie to our neighbor's birthday party a couple weekends ago. Maggie was turning four, and we had seen her a couple of times around the neighborhood; which is not much at all, considering that she lives down the street from us and we have gone out for walks, bike rides and local parks pretty often over the past 3.5 years.

I'd met Maggie's mom before and I'd encountered her posts on DC urban moms. One from over a year ago had irked me, so I didn't go out of my way to befriend her: she was starting a fiction writer's group, but for only "serious writers" no romantic fiction or science fiction writers need apply. Now, I'm not a writer, but I almost made an attempt to get a sci-fi story going (my fave genre!) so I could go to the meeting and start a fight.

Anyway, that's where my head was, but Maggie was a cutie (coincidentally, with the same birthday as mine!) and Rosie really wanted to go to her party. We went and here's where it started to get wierd. Heather's husband, Jose, is Phillipino, which gives them a very similar racial makeup to AJS and me; that kind of thing intrigues me, usually. I started chatting with Heather and mentioned that AJS was a writer (knowing that she had started a "serious writer's" group, heh) and she jumped all over it, telling me that Jose was a writer, too. This led to a rambling conversation with Jose where he latched on to our last name. "String? Is your husband from DC?" "I knew some Strings, but they went to Gonzaga & Notre Dame HS in DC."

Wierdness: Jose went to high school with AJS's brother and sister. I just did a websearch for Jose and his writing and found this blog profile:

http://www.blogger.com/profile/09735288367103253311

Check out the photo: it is taken at Black Cat's Red Room Bar and he looks very strangely like AJS...

2 comments:

  1. A doppelgänger family! How cool. Do they have a parrot or some other exotic pet?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you've spent reading my post and would love to read your comments!

 
Who links to me?

blogger templates | Make Money Online