I entered these cookies into a baking contest at my company's picnic this summer and while they didn't win, they were a clear favorite with the younger picnickers. It's a very simple recipe, with only about eight main ingredients: graham crackers, butter, sugar, an egg, flour, marshmallows, and Hershey's kisses.
This great recipe came from http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/.
S'mores Cookies Recipe:
(Makes 2 dozen cookies)
1 c. graham cracker crumbs
1-1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter (room temp)
1/2 c. light brown sugar
1/3 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
20 large marshmallows, cut in half
Approx. 40 chocolate kisses
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until creamy and smooth.
4. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients slowly and mix until just combined.
6. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet, 1-2" apart.
7. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges are just getting golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and gently press a half marshmallow, sticky side down, onto each cookie. Let cool completely.
9. When all cookies are cooled down, preheat broiler. Place cookies back on baking sheets and broil for 1-2 minutes, keeping a close eye on them so they don't char.
10. When marshmallows are golden brown, remove from the broiler and place a chocolate kiss on top of each cookie.