Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nighttime ritual

After two books, I tuck Rosie and Dash in (yes, they are still co-sleeping and we have had NO night-time visits from Dash in weeks; I'll be hunting the Internet for reasons why this is ill-advised and get back to you all), read two books, and then sing three songs. The books are always different, unless we are on a roll with one for a while, but the songs are always the same three:


1. "Jingle Bells" This is at Dash's request. Why, you might ask? Jingle Bells isn't a lullaby. I say, that depends on how you sing it. But the tune is a favorite because the first word of the lyrics is "Dashing." Go figure.
2. "I See the Moon" What? That's a nursery rhyme, not a song, I hear you thinking. I came up with a tune for it a while back and I'm sticking to it.
3. "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star" Well, once you sing a song about the moon, you've got to give the stars some props, too.

Good night to you all, and sweet dreams!
XOXO, Nylonthread

3 comments:

  1. My husband and his younger brother shared a bed. But they're Southern. And there was only one bed. They both turned out fine. Mostly. One is getting his PhD in physics, so I guess I should leave him in the questionable category :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of a reason why it's a bad idea. Eventually, they'll want their own space. Until then, it just doesn't seem like an issue. Honestly, who cares?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat, I wasn't considering the Southern-ness of it, more the boy/girl-ness as being poo-poohed by the average puritanical American.

    Kelly, to be frank, I don't think I know anyone personally who would care. The aforementioned puritans are theoretical frowners. The kids are so much happier to be sharing, it's just a no-brainer at this age.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you've spent reading my post and would love to read your comments!

 
Who links to me?

blogger templates | Make Money Online