Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Rosie freaked me out this morning.


toddler bed
Originally uploaded by Hey Cookie
It's the second day on my new commute and it seemed like I had it all under control. I had a shower, got dressed, then went to get Rosie started. I usually open her door, show her the clothes we picked out last night, then suggest that she get dressed, fully expecting that when I come back in three minutes that she'll still be in bed.

That's what I was expecting to do. I opened her door, glanced at her bed, no Rosie. I looked on her floor (where she goes to sleep sometimes if she wet the bed), no Rosie. I looked in her wardrobe (where she sometimes threatens to spend the night), no Rosie. I glance into our bedroom, thinking that she magically slipped behind me while I was crossing the hallway, and nope.

In the 5 seconds it took me to get to Dash's room, I had all these thoughts shoot through my head, like, maybe she was abducted in the night? what will I tell AJS? how the hell would that have happened? wouldn't we have heard it?

And, when I got to Dash's room, I found Dash AND Rosie both asleep in Dash's crib.

3 comments:

  1. Aaaawwww.... And, holy crap! What a way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's time for me to finally build that crib shaped like a bloodthirsty clown. Although that will probably result in the kids coming to sleep with daddy. But the joke's on them because I'll have pajamas that look like, that's right, A BLOODTHIRSTY CLOWN!

    The pajamas are also cursed.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you've spent reading my post and would love to read your comments!

 
Who links to me?

blogger templates | Make Money Online